Weather Stations - Current Conditions & Weather Forecast
- Bethany Beach - Our latest weather station located at Town Hall
- Bethany Boardwalk - Located on the Bethany Beach boardwalk
- National Guard Station - Located on Rt.1 near Bethany Beach
Drainage, Flooding, & Tides
- Delaware Coastal Flood Monitoring System
- Storm Water Drainage Flow Directions
- Real Time Tidal and Flood Tracking
- Flooding Tendency Zones
- Indian River Inlet Tide Chart - Information on tide conditions for Delaware and Maryland
- Offshore Weather Buoy - Latest Marine forecasts
- Land Elevation Compared to Sea Level
Flood Protection Information and News Regarding Flood Insurance Rate Maps for Bethany Beach
FLOOD PROTECTION INFORMATION
Many areas in the Town of Bethany Beach are low lying and/or are located in Special Hazard Flood areas (SHFA) and are prone to flooding during storms and heavy rains.
Most areas lying north of Garfield Parkway (Route 26) and east of Route 1 are in coastal AE and AO zones. Properties fronting on the ocean may be in a Coastal V and/or AO zones. Areas west of Route 1, specifically in Bethany West and Turtle Walk have recently been added to the SHFA and are in an AE zone. If you are in a SHFA, you should know about services available to you and how to protect yourself and your property from flooding.
HOMEOWNER BEST PRACTICES FOR EFFECTIVE DRAINAGE AND FLOOD MITIGATION
The Town of Bethany Beach offers the following services:
1. Flood Maps and information have been provided to the South Coastal Library and are available for review.
2. The Building Department, located on the first floor of Town Hall also has current Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and can assist with determining a site’s FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth. The Building Inspector can be reached at 302-539-8780.
3. Handouts from FEMA concerning questions about the National Flood Insurance Program are available from the Building Department.
4. Completed elevation certificates for buildings in Special Hazard Flood areas constructed in the floodplain since 1992 are on file in the Building Department.