Grand Marshals: Phil and Mary Rossi
The Bethany Beach Fourth of July Parade Committee is currently planning its 32nd annual event (and hoping there won't be another hurricane!) Note - this event will take place on SATURDAY, JULY 4th.
The 2015 Grand Marshals will be Phil and Mary Rossi in recognition of their years of dedicated service to making the parade what it is today.
This year's theme is Let Freedom Ring.
Registration: You may register your floats and bikes the day of the parade from 9 - 11:30 a.m. at the registration desks as follows: Floats - Route 1 and Central Avenue; Bikes - Christian Church grounds.
Fourth of July Schedule:
12:00 The parade will begin at the intersection of Pennsylvania and Garfield Parkway and take its traditional 2-mile route through the town. It will feature 5 marching bands and 6 entertainment groups on trucks with marching units including:
- Tidewater Brass Band
- Delmar District Bag Pipe Band
- Delaware National Guard
- Back Bay Strummers
- Downtown Dixieland Band
- German Oompah Band
- Paddlewheel Strutters
- The Original Trilby String Band
- Chester County Emerald Society Pipe Band
- 1st State Detachment Marine Corps League
- 1st Delaware Regiment Fife and Drum Corps
After the parade, enjoy the following activities:
- 2:00 Try your skill at the horseshoe-throwing contest at the southwest corner of the Christian Church grounds.
- 7:15 Award ceremony
- 7:30 The Vigilantes band performs popular dance music on the Bandstand.
- Dusk: Fireworks - no July 4th event would be complete without them!
If you're one of the 40,000 people who have attended this celebration, you know it wouldn't be possible without the help of our many volunteers. If you'd like to volunteer, we'd love to have you. Please contact Events Director, Julie Malewski, at 302-539-8011 x123.
Click here to view the list of 2013 award winners.
Click here to view photos from the 2013 event.
Click here to watch our 2013 video.