Click here to watch a video previewing this year's event.
Click here for map of this year's parade route.
The Bethany Beach Fourth of July Parade Committee is in the process of planning its 30th annual event.
This year’s parade theme is “Wish You Were Here For Bethany in Bloom.” The Grand Marshal is Bethany Beach horticulturist Melinda Linde.
Our celebration events are as follows:
- Noon: The parade steps off at the intersection of Pennsylvania and Garfield
- 2 p.m.: Horseshoe-throwing contest at the southwest corner of the Christian Church grounds. This year there are two categories for participants, professional and amateur.
- 7:15 p.m.: Award ceremony will be held at the Bandstand.
- 7:30 p.m.: The Milford Community Band performs on the Bandstand.
- Dusk: Fireworks start.
The parade will feature six marching bands: The 287th National Guard Army Band, The Tidewater Brass Band, The Delmarva Bag Pipe Band, The Chester County Emerald Society Pipe Band, The Delaware Militia Fife & Drum and The Trilby String Band (Mummers).
There will also be eight entertainment groups on trucks and marching units. They are as follows:
- German Oompah Band on Horse Wagon
- Nautical Sounds on Town Trolley
- Oxford Brass Band on Miken Builders
- Back Bay Strummers on Complete Tree Care
- Milford Community Band on Lord's Landscaping
- The Honeycombs on Hocker's G&E Truck
- Paddlewheel Strutters on Complete Tree Care
There is no pre-registration for floats and bikers. Registration will be held the day of parade from 9-11:30 a.m. The registration desk for floats will be
located on Route 1 and Central Avenue. The location of the bike registration will be located on the Christian Church Grounds adjacent to the Christian Church building.
Additional efforts to support the Fourth of July Parade are:
1) The annual sale of the official Bethany Beach Parade T-shirts. Designed by Jennifer Carter, the shirts will be available on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk on weekends beginning May 25 and on nights when Bandstand entertainment is provided. They will be offered for sale at the Bethany Beach Seaside Craft Show on Saturday June 1, 2013, and on the Boardwalk in the evenings
beginning Monday, June 10. They will also be sold the morning of the parade at the Christian Church grounds. Purchase early as popular sizes do sell out. You can order T-shirts in advance by calling Mary Rossi at 302-539-2805.
2) The fifth annual Bethany Beach Firecracker 5K Run & 3K Walk will be held Sunday, June 30, 2013, in downtown Bethany Beach. Race day information is as follows:
• Entry forms are available in Town Hall and at the T-shirt sales table on the Boardwalk on weekends beginning Saturday, May 25.
• Race day registration takes place at 7 a.m. on the Bandstand.
• The race starts at 8 a.m.
• Post-race awards will be handed out on the Bandstand.
Online registration is available at www.bethanybeach5K.com. The page labeled
“registration” on the right contains the link.
For more information about the Independence Day celebration, call Parade Chairman Philip C. Rossi at 302-539-8011, ext. 24.