The Town Council gave broad policy guidelines to the Town Manager
- Town Manager has approval authority for all content and links to be placed on the town website, consistent with policies established by Town Council.
- We will maintain the privacy of personal information sent to the Town.
- While trying to ensure high quality, accurate information, we cannot guarantee it.
- We try to make this information available to anyone including those with disabilities and those with different browsers, operating systems and handheld devices for Internet access
- We do not have paid advertising or blogs or chat rooms.
- We will link to government websites, will not normally link to for-profit websites except to licensed businesses physically located in Town, will link to quasi-governmental organizations that serve Bethany Beach but not to civic groups as there are so many to track on a government website.
These policies will be fleshed out, based on examples from other governments including the state of Delaware and considered by Council in January or February.