In any emergency or disaster it is possible you or a family member may sustain an injury. You should plan to have basic first aid supplies on hand to help those with injuries.
Some basic items are:
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding
- Cleaning agent / soap and antibiotic towels or wipes to disinfect
- Disposable gloves
- Antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
- Burn ointment
- Adhesive bandages in various sizes
- Eye wash solution
- Over-the-counter medicines such as Aspirin or other pain reliever, laxative, and anti-diarrhea medication
- Prescription medications such as insulin, heart medication, blood pressure, etc.
- Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose monitoring equipment or blood pressure monitors